Internationally Educated Professionals

Each province in Canada conducts their own academic assessment. You must apply for your P.Eng. or P.Geo licence in the province or territory where you want to work. Visit the Engineers Canada website for information.

If you will be moving to Manitoba and you would like to start the admission process, review the application requirements and frequently asked questions. Be aware that Manitoba residency is a requirement.

Complete the Application Form

See the Frequently Asked Questions about the academic assessment process.

Assessment Application Process

See the Licensing Flowchart For Internationally Educated (PDF)

Note: If you want to be assessed as a Geoscientist rather than an Engineer, you must include one of the following completed checksheets mapping your geoscience courses to the appropriate syllabus: Geology (PDF), Geophysics (PDF), or Environmental Geology (PDF)

Credential Authentication

Before you submit your Application for Admission, you must get your documents authenticated by World Education Services (WES). We do not accept credential assessments done by other agencies.

Special Case: You do not need to obtain a WES ICAP document-by-document credential evaluation if you have completed a post-graduate (Masters or Ph.D.) from a Canadian university. Instead, you may ask the Canadian university to send copies of the undergraduate transcript in which they received at the time of your application for the post-graduate degree to International Assessment Coordinator CShymko@EngGeoMB.ca. In addition to the undergraduate copy, they must also include your post-graduate transcript. If for any reason you cannot get the university to provide us with these requirements, then you must provide the WES ICAP document-by-document credential evaluation.

How to order your WES Document-by-Document (ICAP)

Gather Required Documents

  • World Education Services document-by-document (WES ICAP)
  • A PDF of Proof of Manitoba Residency (Manitoba driver's license; or two documents that include your name and current address. Important Note: If you are sending banking statements as proof be sure to remove your account details)
  • A PDF of your detailed chronological resume
  • If you are licensed in another province or country, a PDF copy of your license
  • If you have passed the NCCES Fundamentals of Engineering and/or the NCEES Professional Engineering Exam (USA), please attach a PDF of proof

Pay the Assessment Fee

See Fees for details.

Application Results

Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba will send your assessment results within four to six weeks.