Specified Scope of Practice Licence
The Specified Scope of Practice Licence, introduced in Manitoba in 2018, allows non-engineers and non-geoscientists to practice within a specific scope of engineering or geoscience. This category recognizes the combination of education and extensive experience as potential for qualification.
To be eligible for the Specified Scope of Practice Licence you must:
- Currently hold a Specified Scope of Practice Licence (limited licence) with another Canadian provincial association.
- Obtain a degree or diploma in applied science and technology with a minimum of four years in scope experience (8 years including schooling).
- Obtain a degree or diploma in science or equivalent in math, physics, and basic sciences, with a minimum of four years in scope experience (8 years including schooling.
- Obtain a non-accredited degree with a minimum of 15 years experience in your proposed scope of practice. (please note that this option may take longer to process)
See the Frequently Asked Questions.
Gather Required Documentation
- Official Transcript(s),
Request the university/college to issue an official transcript(s) directly to the Association to the attention of the Pre-Registration Coordinator. All transcripts MUST be mailed to the Association directly in a sealed envelope. Student-issued transcripts are not acceptable.
- Photocopy of current passport or driver's licence
- A PDF of your detailed chronological resume, demonstrating the number of years of experience and schooling
- A completed Discipline of Practice Form
Complete the Application Form
Please forward completed applications by e-mail to the Pre-Registration Program Coordinator
The Pre-Registration Program Coordinator oversees the Specified Scope of Practice Licence applicants. Contact them if you have questions about the Specified Scope of Practice requirements.