If English is not your first language or you did not receive your undergraduate or graduate degree in English:
- You require an English language proficiency test
- You must submit your test results to the Association in Step 2: Academic Assessment and Step 4: Pre-Registration
- You must submit your test results to the Internationally Educated Engineers Qualification (IEEQ) program,
if you will be applying to the program. The IEEQ program is an option provided to you to complete your academic assessment.
IEEQ no longer requires the CLBPT, but will accept IELTS.
English Language Proficiency Tests
Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba recognize these two tests:
- Canadian Level Benchmark Placement Test (CLBPT)
- You require a score of benchmark level 8 in reading, writing, listening and speaking
- If a you are curious about your CLB levels, there is an online self-assessment
that will give you an unofficial CLB score in reading and listening.
If you feel you need or want to improve your language skills, please contact WELARC for an assessment and referral appointment.
- CLBPT is available for free for permanent residents looking for placement into language classes at the
Winnipeg English Language Assessment and Referral Centre (WELARC)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- You require a score of 6 or higher in each module, and with an overall band score of 6.5 or higher
- IELTS is available in Winnipeg
- There is a fee for the test. See Fees for details
You must provide all documents required by Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba in English
or have them translated into English and notarized.
The Immigrant Centre, located in Winnipeg, provides cost- effective translation services >
Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba reserves the right to require any applicant to demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English.