If English is not your first language or you did not receive your undergraduate or graduate degree in English:
- You will require an English language proficiency test
- You must submit your test results to the Association as part of your Academic Assessment
- If you qualify for, and will be applying to, the Internationally Educated Engineers Qualification (IEEQ) program, they will also need a copy of your test results. IEEQ no longer requires the CLBPT, but will accept IELTS.
English Language Proficiency Tests
Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba recognize these two tests:
- Canadian Level Benchmark Placement Test (CLBPT)
- You require a score of benchmark level 8 in reading, writing, listening and speaking
- There is an online self-assessment tool that will give you an unofficial CLB score in reading and listening, if a you are curious about your CLB levels. If you feel you need or want to improve your language skills, please contact WELARC for an assessment and referral appointment.
- The CLBPT is available for free for permanent residents looking for placement into language classes at the Winnipeg English Language Assessment and Referral Centre (WELARC)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- You require a score of 6 or higher in each module, and with an overall band score of 6.5 or higher
- IELTS is available in Winnipeg
- There is a fee for the test. See Fees for details
You must provide all documents required by Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba in English, or have them translated into English and notarized.
The Immigrant Centre, located in Winnipeg, provides cost-effective translation services > icmanitoba.com
Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba reserves the right to require any applicant to demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English.