Application and Maintenance


The student membership year runs from October 1 to September 30 of each year.


  • Student member applications, renewals, and reinstatements cost $20 each year, with the respective fees being donated back to your University student organization. See Fees for details.

Application Form

Application for Student Membership (PDF)


Upon receipt of your application, it will be reviewed by the Student Member Coordinator, who will be in contact with you within two weeks to confirm your membership. At that time, you will be provided with a Member ID and will be eligible to claim a password for the member's website. Once you have gained access to your member account please verify that all information is correct. Please also note that you are able to update your personal information at any time. You must keep your contact information up-to-date.


Student memberships need to be renewed annually. To renew, please login to your member profile and renew online. The online student renewal is available from August to December. If you require assistance, please contact the Student Member Coordinator. See Renewal for details.


If your membership has lapsed and you would like to reinstate, please complete a new application for Student Membership and submit to the Student Member Coordinator. Once your application has been received, you will be contacted for payment information.

Claiming Pre-Graduation Work Experience

Students can claim for professional experience gained through summer or co-op employment, however, only time earned at least half-way through your degree (at least 58 credit hours completed) will be credited.

  1. Be an active Student member; by submitting an application or renewing your existing membership
  2. Login to the Member's website; your ID number is on your Student Membership card
  3. Submit Progress Reports detailing your contributions and experience
    • Note: Before your first report will be reviewed, you must provide proof that you were at least half-way through your undergraduate degree before the start of the reporting period.
    • Submit these two documents to the Director of Admissions as proof:

      1. Pre-Grad Course Mapping (PDF), and
      2. Academic Registration History (Transcripts) with your name on it
    • You only need to submit this documentation once for verification
    • Also, split your reports according to continuous stretches of employment or supervision. For example, if you worked a 4-month term, then report the four months, but if you worked for 6 or 8 months straight, submit one longer, more detailed report. Similarly, if you changed Supervisors in a term, split your reports according to supervisor since there is only place for one supervisor to comment on the report, and they should not comment on work with which they are not familiar
    • Reports that are a copy and paste from previous reports will be REJECTED
  4. After you submit a Progress Report, and your Supervisor and possible Mentor have submitted their comments, and we have verified that you have obtained at least 58 credit hours towards your undergraduate degree, your report will become eligible for review at an Experience Review Committee (ERC) meeting
  5. Your report will be assigned to a volunteer P.Eng. or P.Geo. reviewer with a similar discipline as you. This assignment depends on the availability and existing case load of these volunteer reviewers
  6. After review, feedback will be provided through your online profile
  7. You can contact the Director of Admissions if you need assistance

'Paper' progress reports will no longer be accepted; Students must submit their reports online.


The Association is always looking for ways to improve the Student Member program. We welcome your suggestions. Please provide suggestions to your Vice Stick External >, who will then deliver them to Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.

[] [] []